The features on this two-drawer 36"W lateral file aren't often found in other product lines. Its fully enclosed, tamper-resistant base keeps your paperwork secure, while the factory-installed counterweight stabilizes the unit's center of gravity when drawers are open. Even the two-sided lock system is unique. Molded polymer handles make this file cabinet a great match for HON Metro Classic desks.
500 Series 2-Drawer Lateral File
Economical 500 Series lateral files from HON offer features you may not find on competitors' files. This two-drawer, 36"W model accepts letter or legal hanging file folders. Standard equipment includes a fully enclosed base that resists tampering and a factory-installed counterweight that adds stability. Molded polymer handle matches HON Metro Classic desks.
- Clean, straightforward design complements panel-based workstations and metal desks
- Four vertical reinforcements keep the cabinet sturdy and the drawers gliding smoothly
- Fits under any standard-height HON worksurface
- All-welded case construction stands up to demanding work environments
- Two-sided lock mechanism resists tampering
- Leveling glides compensate for uneven floors
- Removable lock core can be changed as security needs require
- Built-in counterweight stabilizes the cabinet when a drawer is opened
- Lapped and welded sides eliminate rough edges
- Heavy-duty Steel ball-bearing drawer suspensions operate easily and quietly
- Drawer handle design coordinates with HON Metro Classic Steel desking
500 Series 2-Drawer Lateral File
Warranties are not usually exciting reading material. But we think the HON Full Lifetime Warranty is something special in our industry. It’s not that we’ve worked hard on the warranty itself. Instead, we’ve worked hard to make it easy to warranty our products. Here is how we can provide and stand by what we believe to be the best warranty in the office furniture industry:
We know what we’re doing and do it better than anybody else.
At HON, we are committed to being good listeners and producers. Through our “Voice of the Customer” process, we spend time listening to the people who make businesses go, observing how they work, and learning what they need to be successful. The right products don’t wear out, break or malfunction. They just work, and that makes them easy to stand behind.
We let practicality inspire us.
HON designers, engineers, and production people are inspired by practicality. Our office furniture solutions must be functional and effective. We test them in real offices. We have always and will always make tough, enduring products that look good too, because that’s what makes sense for our customers.
We are empowered. We are ready.
Every HON member is empowered to serve our customers. Every one. We know that loyalty is a product of performance. It’s a matter of making and keeping promises. That’s how we keep customers for life. That’s what makes us stand out in our markets.
Our warranty is our promise. So it has to be on-the-mark.
We’re confident in the value, quality, and durability HON products deliver. If they fail, we give their owners the choice to replace any product that can’t be repaired with something comparable, or we refund their purchase price—and we do not mean a prorated refund, we mean a full refund no matter how much the product was used.
Waiting for the fine print? Don’t. There is none.
We don’t feel our warranty should have fine print because we want it to be clear, concise and easy to understand—just like the products we make.